From: "Josh Highley" <joshhighley@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Can I have an array of variant records?
Date: 1999/04/22
Date: 1999-04-22T18:56:49+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-dejanews.com> wrote in message
news:7flgte$t8a$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com...
> In article <7fks8u$8k1$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
>   dennison@telepath.com wrote:
>
> <<helpful message snipped>>
>
> I don't know if those other two students are reading
> this thread, probably not, but this thread is a good
> example of how things are supposed to work. Likely this
> is also an assignment, and if not, it certainly could be,
> but the question was a well focussed one of "how do I
> accomplish this" asked in a way that showed the person
> asking the question had worked to find the answer, but,
> not suprisingly (this default discriminant deal is a bit
> puzzling) had got confused. The response was a thread
> explaining not only HOW to do what the student wanted,
> but also an explanation of WHY things are that way.
>
> Doing assignments is about learning, and providing just
> the right level of help to assist in the learning, rather
> than short-circuiting it, is sometimes a delicate line :-)

Yes, I am a university student, however, this is not part of an assignment.
It's part of a program I'm doing just for the heck of it.  Yes -- for fun; I
guess this makes CS the right major for me.  My finals are only a week away,
but I've always assumed that it's a lot easier to finish the programs as
they're assigned instead of rushing at the end.

-- Josh Highley
joshhighley@hotmail.com