* Help : Video acquisition with ADA
@ 1999-04-20  0:00 S. Metzger
From: S. Metzger @ 1999-04-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I'am a student, and have to make a programme which title is :
Real time face recognition. For this, ADA is suggested to me.
I have to see if it this language could be used.

I have no experience with ADA (but with C++) and I have a few
questions :

Is it possible to use the multimedia SDK from Microsoft for video
acquisiton with ADA throught the MCI or TWAIN interface ? (under Win9x)
Thi wihtout using C too make a DLL or something like that !!

Does a reader of this newsgroup ever have made some video
acquisiton with a paralelle port WebCam and ADA under Win95 ?
If yes, what I'm suppose to use as softwares ?

Thank you by advance for your answers.

Best regards.

Serge Metzger.
LSIIT - Stagiaire CNAM - Bureau B226

metzger@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr
ou
metaxylophenol@hotmail.com

"Les dimensions et les caract�ristiques sont
toujours exprim�es en termes les moins usit�s.
La vitesse, par exemple, est indiqu�e en
huiti�me de mille par quinzaine" (Loi de Murphy)

* Re: Help : Video acquisition with ADA
@ 1999-04-20  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-04-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Is it possible to use the multimedia SDK from Microsoft for video
>acquisiton with ADA throught the MCI or TWAIN interface ? (under Win9x)
Though I haven't done that, it should be easy:  you just make Ada
specs for the SDK functions and use Pragma Import, like all other MS
Windows APIs.
  About 5 years ago (pre-Windows) I used Ada in several programs that
did video capture.  There was one Ada spec for the capture stuff and
about 5 different bodies for 5 different capture boards.  It worked
just fine on a 386-16 so there really shouldn't be any problem with a
modern machine.