* ADA 95 Compiler Windows 95/QNX
@ 1999-04-19  0:00 Martin Myran
From: Martin Myran @ 1999-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm pretty fresh in designing software using ADA and now I have
inherited an application written in ADA 95 that I'm supposed to make
work on a small portable PC running Windows 95/NT (first), (i486
processor).

First i downloaded GNAT's ADA 95 compiler 3.10 for Windows NT.  The
problem with the one I got is that any floating point number operation
makes the target computer crash.  I assume that I got the wrong
libraries / wrong version but I haven't found any other libraries
versions that looks like they will work.  Do you know where I can find a
compiler that can help me with this problem so I can test if this is p

I am going to use QNX on the final target (possibly) where the ADA 95
application will run together with an existing application written in
C++/C.  Do you know of any compiler that supports ADA 95 on QNX?

(one solution to both problems could possibly be an ADA 95 compiler that
compile the ADA code into C so I could use a C-compiler I have got).

Thank you for your help.

Martin
--
Martin Myran
kmiandre@online.no

* Re: ADA 95 Compiler Windows 95/QNX
@ 1999-04-20  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-04-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>any floating point number operation
>makes the target computer crash.
Is your 486 a DX (with hardware floating point) or an SX?  You may
have to do something special to get Gnat code to run on an SX.

* Re: ADA 95 Compiler Windows 95/QNX
@ 1999-04-21  0:00   ` Martin Myran
From: Martin Myran @ 1999-04-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom Moran wrote:

> >any floating point number operation
> >makes the target computer crash.
> Is your 486 a DX (with hardware floating point) or an SX?  You may
> have to do something special to get Gnat code to run on an SX.

I've got an 486SX2-66 unfortunatly with no hardware floating point and I
have not been able to find an Ada 95 compiler as of yet but at least not
any freeware but I assume that some of my queries to people like ACT and
others will give me an positive answer.

--

@ 1999-04-21  0:00     ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-04-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I've got an 486SX2-66 unfortunatly with no hardware floating point and I
>have not been able to find an Ada 95 compiler as of yet
  Did you try www.aonix.com?  They have a small version of their
compiler that can be downloaded for free, and may handle the software
FP.  If you don't mind paying money, there are other compiler vendors
too.  Try www.adahome.com