* Graphics packages (circles, rectangles, etc.)
@ 1999-04-16  0:00 David W. Glessner
From: David W. Glessner @ 1999-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm posting this for a friend, so here goes.

> I have some questions.
>
>    Where are some Ada packages that support graphic commands?  For
>    example, I want to plot a circle and rectangle on the PC  screen.
>
>    Where are some Ada packages that provide GUI commands?  For
>    example, I want to create GUI interface for a PC application.
>
> Your response is appreciated.

He's using GNAT 3.11p, but also has access to Rational's Apex.

I'll forward any responses to him.  Thanks!

--
David

* Re: Graphics packages (circles, rectangles, etc.)
@ 1999-04-16  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I want to plot a circle and rectangle on the PC  screen
Under what OS?  There are routines in Windows to do just that sort of
thing.

From: David W. Glessner @ 1999-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I want to plot a circle and rectangle on the PC  screen
> Under what OS?

Win95 or MS-DOS.

> There are routines in Windows to do just that sort of thing.

So for Windows, are you saying that he'd have to hook up to the
Windows API?   Are there packages that make this easy?

He says that Borland C++ has special library for plotting
(graphics.h?) but he'd prefer to use Ada.

From: Tom Moran @ 1999-04-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>He says that Borland C++ has special library for plotting
>(graphics.h?) but he'd prefer to use Ada.
He might find something via www.adahome.com or David Botton or Jerry
VanDyke's web sites.
>So for Windows, are you saying that he'd have to hook up to the
>Windows API?   Are there packages that make this easy?
CLAW at www.rrsoftware.com, said Tom modestly. ;)
For a particularly simple example that involves drawing circles, look
at the Windows dining philosophers, src.zip or exe.zip,  at
ftp://members.aol.com/GMoran01/diners
Tom Moran

* Re: Graphics packages (circles, rectangles, etc.)
@ 1999-04-19  0:00 ` Martin C. Carlisle
From: Martin C. Carlisle @ 1999-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3717618D.A7748EC5@collins.rockwell.com>,
David W. Glessner <dwglessn@collins.rockwell.com> wrote:
>I'm posting this for a friend, so here goes.
>>    Where are some Ada packages that support graphic commands?  For
>>    example, I want to plot a circle and rectangle on the PC  screen.
>>
>>    Where are some Ada packages that provide GUI commands?  For
>>    example, I want to create GUI interface for a PC application.

As for simple graphics, I'd suggest Jerry van Dijk's Adagraph
(http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk) for Win9x/NT.

For DOS, I believe there is a VGAPACK available from ez2load (M. Feldman,
George Washington Univ.)

As for GUIs, I might suggest downloading RAPID (from me) at
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/carlisle/usafa/rapid/index.html
This is based on Tcl/Tk and TASH (Terry Westley).  CLAW, Windex and
the Aonix GUI builder are other solutions for the Wintel platform.

--Martin

--
Martin C. Carlisle, Asst Prof of Computer Science, US Air Force Academy
carlislem@acm.org, http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html