* Re: Ada and SQL commands?
@ 1999-04-06  0:00 ` Robert Schien
From: Robert Schien @ 1999-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Cameron Hodge" <vampyre@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>Hey guys and gals. Just wondering is anyone aware of a library or package
>that handles SQL commands within ADA? I want to access data from an Oracle
>database from with in a program I am writing?

>vampyre@ozemail.com.au

I'm looking for the same for an Informix server.

Robert

* Ada and SQL commands?
@ 1999-04-06  0:00 Cameron Hodge
From: Cameron Hodge @ 1999-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-04-06  0:00 ` John J Cupak Jr
From: John J Cupak Jr @ 1999-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cameron Hodge

Well, Cameron and Robert,

I just checked my "SQL Instant Reference" manual (and recalling my RDB info),
here's what I came up with (it's been a while since I've done this, tho... so
don't blame me if I'm off a bit.):

1. There should be a SQL_STANDARD Ada package that you can call, and use the
routines embedded therein to interface with your favorite DB.
2. Use the SQL MODULE language to define SQL "procedures" (modules)
3. Write Ada(95, I hope) procedures to interface with the SQL module
procedures.

Of course, you gotta know SQL AND Ada(95) to make this all work right.

btw, Ada95 is not required.. just plain 'ol Ada (83) will do the trick, too!

Hope this helps,

John

Cameron Hodge wrote:

> Hey guys and gals. Just wondering is anyone aware of a library or package
> that handles SQL commands within ADA? I want to access data from an Oracle
> database from with in a program I am writing?
>
> vampyre@ozemail.com.au

[-- Attachment #2: Card for John J Cupak Jr --]

begin:          vcard
fn:             John J Cupak Jr
n:              Cupak Jr;John J
org:            Raytheon Systems Company
adr:            50 Apple Hill Road;;T3MN35;Tewksbury;MA;01876;USA
email;internet: John_J_Cupak@res.raytheon.com
title:          Software Engineering Instructor
tel;work:       978.858.1222
tel;fax:        978.858.4336
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

* Re: Ada and SQL commands?
@ 1999-04-07  0:00   ` tim gilbert
From: tim gilbert @ 1999-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Schien wrote:

> "Cameron Hodge" <vampyre@ozemail.com.au> writes:
>
> >Hey guys and gals. Just wondering is anyone aware of a library or package
> >that handles SQL commands within ADA? I want to access data from an Oracle
> >database from with in a program I am writing?
>
> >vampyre@ozemail.com.au
>
> I'm looking for the same for an Informix server.
>
> Robert

Informix used to have packages called ESQL/Ada (<=4.1)and AdaSAME(5.0)
for unix systems, but they no longer support them.  Our group is
currently using AdaSAME against a 7.20 ODS successfully.

* Re: Ada and SQL commands?
@ 1999-04-07  0:00   ` tim gilbert
From: tim gilbert @ 1999-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: tim gilbert @ 1999-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)