* :-)  VIRUS AND SCAM ALERT!  :-)
@ 1999-04-01  0:00 John Herro
From: John Herro @ 1999-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

1999 April 1
------------

VIRUS AND SCAM ALERT!  WARNING!
PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY!  THIS IS SERIOUS!

If you get postal mail from an organization called the "Internal Revenue
Service," DO NOT OPEN IT!  Opening it will DELETE EVERYTHING ON YOUR HARD DRIVE
by activating a mutant form of the AIDS virus known as the Ada virus.  By means
of a recently-invented technology called "Tasking," the Ada virus will attach
itself to all your other postal mail, so that several copies of the virus can
run in PARALLEL!!!  Furthermore, in 1995 a stronger version of the Ada virus
was released, which makes the deadly "Tasking" even more powerful!

To make matters worse, the "Internal Revenue Service" operates a scam around
this time every year.  Their mail claims that you owe them money, which they
will take and use to pay for the operation of essential functions of the United
States government.  This is untrue!  The money the IRS collects is used to fund
various inefficient and pointless social engineering projects.  This
organization has ties to a dangerous PYRAMID SCHEME run by the so-called
"Social Security Administration."  They claim to take money from your regular
paychecks and save it for your retirement.  In truth, the SSA uses the money to
pay for the same misguided make-work projects the IRS helps mastermind.  These
scam artists have bilked honest, hard working Americans out of billions of
dollars.  Don't be among them!
ALERT!  FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

* Re: :-)  VIRUS AND SCAM ALERT!  :-)
@ 1999-04-01  0:00 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 1999-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Herro wrote:
> To make matters worse, the "Internal Revenue Service" operates a scam around
> this time every year.  Their mail claims that you owe them money, which they
> will take and use to pay for the operation of essential functions of the United
> States government.  This is untrue!  The money the IRS collects is used to fund
> various inefficient and pointless social engineering projects.  This
> organization has ties to a dangerous PYRAMID SCHEME run by the so-called
> "Social Security Administration."  They claim to take money from your regular
> paychecks and save it for your retirement.  In truth, the SSA uses the money to
> pay for the same misguided make-work projects the IRS helps mastermind.  These
> scam artists have bilked honest, hard working Americans out of billions of
> dollars.  Don't be among them!

You say that as if it were some sort of April Fools joke! ;-)

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

* Re: :-)  VIRUS AND SCAM ALERT!  :-)
@ 1999-04-01  0:00 ` Mike Silva
From: Mike Silva @ 1999-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Herro wrote in message
<19990401075403.21219.00000467@ngol01.aol.com>...
>1999 April 1
>------------
>
>VIRUS AND SCAM ALERT!  WARNING!
>PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY!  THIS IS SERIOUS!
>
>If you get postal mail from an organization called the "Internal Revenue
>Service," DO NOT OPEN IT!  Opening it will DELETE EVERYTHING ON YOUR HARD
DRIVE....

Not a problem -- I never look at anything I get from the Internal Revenue
Service.  Hold on a minute, there's someone at the door...

Mike

* Re: :-)  VIRUS AND SCAM ALERT!  :-)
@ 1999-04-01  0:00   ` Bruce or Tracy
From: Bruce or Tracy @ 1999-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The IRS is the only fools in April I know of.