From: "Jeffrey D. Cherry" <jdcherry@utech.net>
Subject: Re: Temporary files in Ada95.
Date: 1999/03/31
Date: 1999-03-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>> I don't think you want to ask "Is there a way to make ada not write
>> temporary files to the root directory?" since it's not really a language
>> issue.  I view it as an implementation issue.

> The Form parameter is usually used for this kind of thing.

Although, if memory serves, this is correct for VMS, in general I would
have to say that I haven't found that to be true.  I've found the Form
parameter to be used for specialized file access, security requests, and
the like.  Not to force the file to be temporary.  If you could, please
provide some examples of compiler/OS pairings that create temporary
files using the Form parameter.  I would appreciate it since that's why
I read CLA ... to learn new things.  Thanks in advance. :)

>> I would have thought that GNAT would create the temporary file in a
>> directory where the user has write access.

> Is there a Form parameter for GNAT, to specify where the temporary file
> gets declared?

I'd have to check the GNAT documentation and the GCC documentation but I
believe the only Form parameter accepted under any of the Windows
systems is "shared=yes" or "shared=no", or, of course, a null string.