From: 944166@edna.swin.edu.au (Jimmy Fang)
Subject: Re: PC ada compiler...
Date: 4 Oct 1994 15:52:00 GMT
Date: 1994-10-04T15:52:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Todd Allen Lowe (talowe@whale.st.usm.edu) wrote:

: Is there a shareware or otherwise Ada Compiler available that will work on
: a  regular PC running Dos.

Try the nearest simtel-20 archive OR wuarchive.wustl.edu in the languages
sub-directory.  Look in the ada directory and get either gnat18??.zip or
gwada???.zip.

Gnat is the freeware Ada 9X compiler.  1.82 was missing Direct_IO and
Sequential_IO.  1.83 is the latest version, but I can't say what's
fixed and/or still broken, as I haven't installed it yet.

It requires DJ's GPP compiler to work.

GW-Ada is an Ada-83 (more or less) interpreter.  It makes pseudo-code
that runs on a translator program.  If you're learning Ada, this does
have better error messages than Meridian Ada 4.1.4 (buyware).

- Jim