From: dawe@celsius.oz.au (Daniel Wengelin)
Subject: Re: Oh, great, more competition...(Pascal++)
Date: 3 Oct 1994 01:11:00 GMT
Date: 1994-10-03T01:11:00+00:00	[thread overview]

David Weller (dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM) wrote:
: I"m reposting this here as an FYI service.  It's pretty long.  Hit
: the "n" key if you don't give a rip.

: IMHO, there should be an international law making it legal to shoot
: anybody slapping the "++" moniker on non-C-based languages. *sigh*

: Another question: Why do universities support this kind of stuff?
: Wouldn't it be easier to expend effort of creating better compilers
: and tools for Ada, rather than supporting _another_ variation of
: Pascal? (This one's rhetorical -- I know the answer)

: Anyway, on with the show....

Hm, I really wouldn't see this in the dark light as Mr. Weller seems
this. When reading this post, I was actually rather happy!

I thought I saw the opportunity to perform a global search-and-replace
"Pascal++" for "Ada94", and this is really an ad for something that
embodies all that Ada stands for. This is an ad _for_ Ada, in sprit.

It is certainly much easaier to make the move from P++ to Ada94, than it
is to mek the move from a C-derivative to Ada, and if we can get some help
from the P++ entrepreneours to make the step from C to P++, then more
than half the step is already taken!

So, cheer up! See these danes as people that has taken the essence from
Ada and are making an effort to target the C market with something that's
far better than the alternative.

--    Daniel Wengelin       --
--    CelsiusTech           -- TeamAda member
--    dawe@celsiustech.se   --
with Standard_Disclaimer;