From: dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (David Weller)
Subject: Re: 9X Distributed Annex?  CORBA?
Date: 1 Oct 1994 09:17:47 -0500
Date: 1994-10-01T09:17:47-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <CwzswJ.6tA@inmet.camb.inmet.com>,
Tucker Taft <stt@dsd.camb.inmet.com> wrote:
>In article <WOODRUFF.94Sep30130332@ec2226.addvax.llnl.gov>,
> <WOODRUFF@ec2226.addvax.llnl.gov> wrote:
>>I'm seeking information and relevant advice about planning and building
>>a distributed application using Ada94.  The application is an integrated
>>control system that will deploy about 200 workstation-class computers in
>>a local area net to control the next-generation high-power fusion laser.
>>
>>I have studied the RM's Distributed Annex, and I recognize that the
>>language standard will allow me to build the system I need.  However I
>>am not aware of any implementation of the Annex. I have not seen any
>>claim by the GNAT team that they are planning an Annex implementation.
>
>An implementation of the Distributed Annex is underway for GNAT.
>I don't know what the schedule is.  If you want to know the plans
>of other commercial vendors, you should contact them directly.
>I'm sure for some of them, the Distributed Annex will be a relatively
>high priority (particularly if potential customers keep asking them
>about it ;-).

I've seen a demo of the Distribution Annex implementation.  To my
knowledge, Dick Volz of Texas A&M is working out the details.  He
gave a simple demonstration back in June.  I don't have his e-mail
address though.  Perhaps if you nagged Robert Dewar or Ed Schonberg,
they'd cough the address up and you could convince Mr. Volz you want
to be an early tester.

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada