* Idiot's Guide to Ada?
@ 1994-09-28 14:15 Mark
From: Mark @ 1994-09-28 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

If anyone knows of a book that is the functional equivalent of "The Idiot's Guide
to C" for the Ada language, please send me the title and author.
Thanks in advance.

* Re: Idiot's Guide to Ada?
@ 1994-09-28 18:01 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1994-09-28 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <36btpt$dp@algol.ksc.nasa.gov>, Mark <fresa_intern@ids.net> wrote:
>If anyone knows of a book that is the functional equivalent of "The Idiot's Guide
>to C" for the Ada language, please send me the title and author.
>Thanks in advance.

[Smart-ass reply]
	Idiots don't use Ada.  Idiots only use C or derivations. :-)

[Serious reply]
	Try the new book, "Ada from the Beginning, Second Edition",
	by Jan Skansholm (ISBN 0-201-62448-6).  It's a nice book that
	assumes no familiarity with the language (or programming, for
	that matter).  However, it won't insult your intelligence.
	By the time you're through with the book, you'll have had a
	very thorough exposure to all parts of Ada (including Ada
	9X!) with the exception of parallel programming features
	(tasks and protected types).  I highly recommend it.

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada