From: tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran)
Subject: Re: Ada type (yacc)YYSTYPE is ?
Date: 1999/01/18
Date: 1999-01-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>On the other hand, if the parse actions are building up an abstract
>syntax tree anyway, then you would be allocating the AST nodes
>on the heap, and these might as well be your parse stack items.
  I'm just trying to make a parser to generate skeletons for
documentation, so there's really nothing more complex than strings,
and being able to see that two procedures differ in their parameter
profiles, etc.  And it's intended for running, correct, code with
convenient coding conventions.
  Perhaps I should ask that: is there software about that will
generate skeleton HTML or Windows help files for a set of packages,
doing things like showing where two procedures with overloaded names
differ, and displaying inherited, non-overridden, primitive
operations, etc?