From: Marin David Condic <condicma@bogon.pwfl.com>
Subject: Re: Jovial to Ada translator
Date: 1999/03/29
Date: 1999-03-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Leda Hoffman wrote:

> Does anyone know where I could find a Jovial to Ada translator? Thanks!
>
> -Leda

Why, yes. I speak both languages fluently - although my Jovial is a
little rusty from disuse. Besides, I'm pretty expensive. :-)

I've not heard of a machine translator, but I'm pretty sure that even if
you had one, you wouldn't want to live with the result. Most of the
machine translators I've seen take semi-respectable code as input and
produce fewmets as output. Jovial is sufficiently different from Ada
that there is no good one-for-one translation for many common features.
In which case, I'd opt for a human translator to reengineer the code.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis