From: Mike Werner <mwerner@wvu.edu>
Subject: Where'd the PAL go?
Date: 1999/03/29
Date: 1999-03-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I've heard the Public Ada Library mentioned a few times, so I went to
try and find it.  Through Yahoo I found a site labelled as the PAL in
France, but I'm getting a message that seems to translate (via
Babelfish) that the site isn't there anymore.  Could someone please
point me towards the PAL if it still exists?  I'd appreciate it.

As a side note regarding the various threads I've seen here regarding
"Ada vs [insert language of your choice}" - I'm a Computer Science
student (sophomore) and have so far experienced C and Ada.  So far I
*greatly* prefer Ada.  It just makes more sense to read - when I first
started I could read a chunk of Ada code and get the basic idea of what
it did.  Not so with C - it mostly looked like gibberish.  Plus I'm
finding it easier to do some things in Ada than I could do in C.  Though
bear in mind that I *am* still a beginner and am still doing what would
likely be to most of you as extremely simple stuff.  But from that
beginner's standpoint I'm finding Ada to be the way to go, largely
because I'm finding it easier to learn.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"