* TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS
@ 1999-03-10  0:00 S EA Ik
From: S EA Ik @ 1999-03-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there anybody who has examples for programming socket interfaces
in ada with the OpenVMS system services (qio)?

* Re: TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS
@ 1999-03-10  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1999-03-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <36E64D37.C259D4B0@bluewin.ch>, S EA Ik <pez.sik@bluewin.ch> writes:
> Is there anybody who has examples for programming socket interfaces
> in ada with the OpenVMS system services (qio)?

I don't have such examples available, but be aware there are different
QIO interfaces to TCP/IP from the three major TCP/IP packages (UCX,
Multinet and TCPware).  UCX and Multinet have the ability to emulate
each other, and I presume the new TCPIP (yes, that is the facility name)
DEC has provided to replace UCX will carry through with the Multinet
emulation, but it may not have been thoroughly tested as it is not
widely used.

So look before you leap if compatibility is important.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS
@ 1999-03-11  0:00   ` Peter Studer
From: Peter Studer @ 1999-03-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Larry. I have wrote now an example myself by using the
C-Example from the "Digital TCP/IP-Services..."-Manuals. These
manuals are on the on-line-documentation-cd 2 under \network\tcpipv42

Peter Studer