From: Jackie & Barry Schiff <schiff@netspace.net.au>
Subject: GDB w/GNAT 3.11p w/NT4.0 Question
Date: 1999/03/11
Date: 1999-03-11T08:13:17+00:00	[thread overview]

I recently installed GNAT 3.11p.  Its been awhile since I used GNAT and
I must say I was very impressed with how it has progressed. Ok now for
the question:

I am using it under NT 4.0, and so far am using the AdaGIDE editor
environment installed with it (used to use EMACS and maybe will switch
again but just giving this a try).  Anyhow I have a program with text_io
input/output. When I go to run it under the debugger, which I do by
hitting the debug button inside of AdaGIDE, the output seems to get
correctly redirected to an MSDOS command window but it appears that the
input does not. Thus the program bombs once it gets to an input
statement (eg. Text_io.Get_Line).  Surely I must be doing something
wrong I just have not dug it out yet. If anybody knows the answer I
would surely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

--Barry Schiff