From: Roy Grimm <ragrimm@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Inline assembly in GNAT
Date: 1999/03/04
Date: 1999-03-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I've recently downloaded GNAT 3.10 (Windoze/Intel version) and installed
it.  I'm now starting to try it out.  I've been doing embedded software
work in Ada83 (and C) for several years and I'd like to give it a go
with GNAT and Ada95.

I'm running into some difficulty understanding the inline assembly
abilities of GNAT.  It's entirely likely that I'm just trying to read
too much into the documentation or some such thing.  Nevertheless, I've
hopelessly confused myself and I would appreciate it if someone could
point me in the right direction.

I'd like to start with implementing some simple instructions and build
up from there.  Can someone point me to some example code or perhaps a
good book which explains the inline assembly implementation in GNAT?

Thanks,
Roy Grimm