From: David Botton <David@Botton.com>
Subject: Re: adverts on c.l.a
Date: 1999/03/01
Date: 1999-03-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

It certainly makes the Ada community look alive and kicking when a
visitor comes by. Adverts that contain any kind of updates to Ada
technology available should be highly encouraged. Even adeverts
announcing up coming Ada user group meetings and training seminars
should be highly encouraged to help produce this affect.

Also, some one should take over maintaining FAQs for CLA as Magnus Kempe
has expressed that he is no longer actively working on AdaHome, or as it
seems the FAQs.

c.l.a policy could be expressed there and help those that are active on
the list (such as myself) to get a better picture of the consensus on
what is considered appropriate and not for c.l.a. (This is not an
advertisement to start a thread on this here and now, nor to discuss my
own post on CompUSA policy that some felt was too off topic to belong
here.)

It would also help if we agreed on one "police man" for the group who
would politely mention that something is off topic and perhaps this is
not the best place to be posting XYZ. (For e.g.. Larry's remark on the
CompUSA thread was appropriate, well placed, and not personal. I will
judge differently what is considered appropriate on c.l.a before posting
here.)

David Botton