From: Steve Quinlan <steven.quinlan@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Imported deferred constant with an address clause legal?
Date: 1999/02/19
Date: 1999-02-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm not a language lawyer, more like a language paralegal, but I don't
think this will work. If you use Pragma Import, an object of that name will
be expected to get resolved at link time. I think it is even illegal to
have an address clause for an imported object, because the address is
supposed to be determined at link time when the object is resolved.

Your first method seems more appropriate when you want to force a
representation at a particular memory location, vs. trying to get access to
a foreight data object which has been defined in some external object
module.