* Very Large Interger
@ 1999-02-17  0:00 news.aero.und.edu
From: news.aero.und.edu @ 1999-02-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of a package that allows for Integers Larger then
Long_Long_Integers?

They seem to be limited to 64 bits and I need in the range of 128 or 256
bits.  Ideally it would be nice to have a package that could handle any
sized integer.

thanks

Joe Stevens

* Re: Very Large Interger
@ 1999-02-18  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 1999-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news.aero.und.edu

> Does anyone know of a package that allows for Integers Larger then
> Long_Long_Integers?

> They seem to be limited to 64 bits and I need in the range of 128 or 256
> bits.  Ideally it would be nice to have a package that could handle any
> sized integer.

There is GMP (GNU multi-precision) - http://www.matematik.su.se/~tege/gmp/
Seems to be one of the best.
It's in C so there is a translation / interfacing to do...
(in a future life I'll translate it)

--
Gautier

* Re: Very Large Interger
@ 1999-02-18  0:00 ` robert_dewar
From: robert_dewar @ 1999-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7afjvb$if5$1@sirius.aero.und.edu>,
  "news.aero.und.edu" <jstevens@nospam.cs.und.edu> wrote:
> They seem to be limited to 64 bits and I need in the
> range of 128 or 256 bits.  Ideally it would be nice to
> have a package that could handle any sized integer.

Have a look at the package uintp in the GNAT sources, it
should not be too hard to modify this to meet your
requirements!

* Re: Very Large Interger
@ 1999-02-20  0:00 ` Dmitri Anisimkov
From: Dmitri Anisimkov @ 1999-02-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)