From: Gerhard Haering <haering@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
Subject: Re: Ada free RAD tools development
Date: 1999/02/04
Date: 1999-02-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

David Botton wrote:

> Interested in the creation of a Delphi like environment for Ada, read on:
>
> Work has already begun in this monumental project.
>
> 1. GUI Classes
> 2. RAD tools

I'd like to help developing the GUI class libraries. I am not an expert in Ada
programming until now, but I have done my own GUI libraries a few years ago. I have
access to Win32 Intel systems, Intel Linux and SPARC and Intel Solaris. Have you
thought about re-implementing the Java Swing classes in Ada? I think they're quite
straightforward and a number of programmers are already familiar with this existing
library. Please point me to a URL where I can find sources and/or additional info
about the project.

Gerhard