From: grave <grave@ipnsun5.in2p3.fr>
Subject: gnat3.11p mixing problems with c++ and Ada95
Date: 1999/01/28
Date: 1999-01-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

grave wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Before all, thanks to ACT for their new public version of gnat.
>
> I've just got the gnat3.11p sources and try to recompile the whole stuff
> for solaris 2.6. All work fine, thanks again ! But when i try to make
> the examples the ex6_main raises an exception :
> prompt>ex6_main
>
> in A::A, a_value = 1010
> in A::A, a_value = 1010
> in B::B, a_value = 1010b_value = 2020
> in A::A, a_value = 1010
> in B::B, a_value = 1010b_value = 2020
>
> raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR

> Did somebody know why i get such error ?
>
> I will try on solaris 2.5 to see...

Hi all,

So I have recompiled gnat3.11p on a sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1, I've got the
same error again.

There are differences between 3.10 and 3.11 :
when 3.11 compile I have a warning message
ex6_main.adb:9:04: warning: "A_Obj" is never assigned a value
ex6_main.adb:10:04: warning: "B_Obj" is never assigned a value

There is no such message when I compile with 3.10

Is somebody tryed to compile the example director with the same version
of compiler and machine ?

thanks in advance,

xavier