From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu>
To: SteveCrowe <stevecrowe@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Installation problem with GNAT Ada95/Linux RH5.2
Date: 1999/01/23
Date: 1999-01-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

SteveCrowe wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I attempted to install GNAT Ada95  (3.10p) onto PC (Pentium) system with
>
> Linux Red-Hat 5.2 OS.  The bash script was throwing up errors during
> installation.  However I believed I'd overcome these.  However, when I
> attempt
> to link ,an error 'crtbegin' not found error is generated.
>
> Anyone had simlar problems and how were they overcome.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

Start by sending a message to listproc@seas.gwu.edu with the line

    subscribe gnatlist Steve Crowe

as both the subject and body of the message.  (I suspect that only one is
required, but I can't remember which!)

When you get the response, follow the instructions for accessing the list's
archives -- you question has been addressed there several times.

BTW, rumor holds that 3.11p is coming out "real soon now", and it should
not have this problem.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas