From: Marin David Condic <condicma@bogon.pwfl.com>
To: Werner Pachler <werner.pachler@austria.ncr.com>
Subject: Re: Boeing 777 and Ada
Date: 1999/01/20
Date: 1999-01-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Werner Pachler wrote:
> a couple of days ago somebody mentioned that most (or all?) of the Boeing's
> software is written in Ada. Can somebody provide more details, such as
> how much lines of code, how much modules, what systems, what
> operating system/hardware used, etc.?
> (Or where i can find this information!).

I believe I was the one who mentioned the Boeing 777 - or at least one
of the mentioners. The Ada Information Clearinghouse used to have this
sort of success story on-line, but they went out of business. Check this
URL as a starting point:

http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/

Somewhere on that web page you might find links which will lead you to
the Boeing "Ada Success Story"

See also:

http://www.adahome.com/

Look in the "Ammunition" department. I found these links there:

http://www.adahome.com/Ammo/Success/cranehy.html
http://www.adahome.com/Ammo/Success/sunstra.html

This is probably not the comprehensive story. You may want to try
contacting Boeing directly or finding their web page...

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

    "Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."

        --  Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole
Superieure
            de Guerre.