From: Pierre Dissaux <pierre.dissaux@tni.fr>
Subject: Re: UML to Ada mapping
Date: 1999/01/15
Date: 1999-01-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Tucker Taft wrote:

> Roland Petrasch (petrasch@fhtw-berlin.de) wrote:
>
> : Dear Lionel Draghi,
> : as far as I know, there is no ADA-generating UML-Tool.
> : ...
>
> I believe Rational Rose supports Ada generation from UML,
> as does Aonix Software-Through-Pictures.
> I think some of the others do as well (e.g. Cayenne's tools).
>
> It is probably true that you don't get the sources for
> a full, executable program, but rather mostly package
> and type definitions.

It doesn't use UML notation, but the HOOD method (http://www.hood.be) is
a comprehensive OO design process mainly used in European space and
avionics projects. During definition phase of version 4 of the method in
1995, one of the requirements was to specifically target Ada95.

Most Ada concepts may thus be directly handled at design level (tagged
types, protected types, tasking, exceptions, generic packages, ...), and
consistent design documentation may be produced.

We provide a full HOOD4 to Ada95 code generator and reverse coding in
our STOOD tool. Direct link to Ada compilers is implemented (gnat and
ObjectAda for now). Free demo CD upon simple request.

Pierre Dissaux

TNI
http://www.tni.fr/