* MIL-STD-973 & MIL-STD-498 issue
@ 1997-10-31  0:00 Ken Mays
From: Ken Mays @ 1997-10-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

MIL-STD-498 refers to the Software Maintenance and Documentation guide.
This guide replaces DOD-STD-2167(A). If you work on software developement
for government contracts then this is the guide to use. Mostly for Software
Engineering related issues.

MIL-STD-973 is the Configuration Management guide. This guide replaces
MIL-STD-499 which was used for Systems Engineering issues.

These guides relate to government type work but can be used for commercial
work (if allowed).
--
Ken Mays, Systems Engineer/Analyst
SAIC/MicroSoft Sitebuilder

* Re: MIL-STD-973 & MIL-STD-498 issue
@ 1997-11-04  0:00 ` Alan E & Carmel J Brain
From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain @ 1997-11-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Mays wrote:

> MIL-STD-498 refers to the Software Maintenance and Documentation guide.
> This guide replaces DOD-STD-2167(A). If you work on software developement
> for government contracts then this is the guide to use. Mostly for Software
> Engineering related issues.

And there's a link to it on-line through http://www.adahome.com
It's also on the Walnut Creek Ada compilations, which is why those
two CDs are in great demand at the C++ shops I often deal with.
 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo