From: LeakyStain <leakstan@erols.com>
Subject: Windex: a thick Ada/Windows binding
Date: 1998/12/20
Date: 1998-12-20T22:02:53+00:00	[thread overview]

I've posted Windex, a thick binding of Ada 95 to a subset of Windows, at

http://www.erols.com/leakstan/Stephe/index.html

Also on that page is an example application, which allows exploring the
Mandelbrot set.

Windex compiles with GNAT 3.10p, and (with a couple extra bugs) with
ObjectAda 7.1.2.

I wrote Windex partly to learn Ada 95, but mostly to let me write
Windows apps in Ada (I'm porting my old Visual Basic card game Real Soon
Now). So it's coverage of the Win32 API is spotty; it only supports
those parts I need. But it's enough to write usefule applications.

I welcome all comments, and any contributions. If enough people are
interested, maybe Windex can become a useful thick binding to Windows.

-- Stephe Leake