From: dennison@romulus23.DAB.GE.COM (Ted Dennison)
Subject: Re: converting my employer to Ada?
Date: 26 Sep 1994 12:04:59 GMT
Date: 1994-09-26T12:04:59+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3632jb$og6@news.CCIT.Arizona.EDU>, frank@bigdog.engr.arizona.edu (Frank Manning) writes:
|> In article <1994Sep22.192505.8500@ivax> lmiller@indyvax.iupui.edu writes:
|>
|> > How would the Ada mavens out there in net land suggest I bring my idea
|> > to my new (just 4 days so far) employer, with the associated supporting
|> > documentation to prove my case?
|>
|> The following is a list of ideas, somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

(snip)
|> You know the type. They're like a dominant dog -- they won't accept
|> something unless they can pee all over it.

(snip)
|> "But wouldn't you like to be able to read the code?" you ask. "Wouldn't you
|> like to be able to look over their shoulders and get an idea what's going
|> on? If you can't read it and see a clear target, how are you going to aim
|> at it?"
(snip)

Answer:
  No. I want to tell them what I want, and have them go make it (while I
nap in my office). If it were readable, someone might actualy want me to DO
SOMETHING (like read it).

Try again, Frank.  :-)

T.E.D.
dennison@romulus.orl.mmc.com

Disclaimer: My employer probably believes the opposite is true.