From: Roy Grimm <ragrimm@collins.rockwell.com>
Subject: Re: who said Java can't be used for realtime !
Date: 1998/12/01
Date: 1998-12-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

whiter5195@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <3662E25E.D8F60848@collins.rockwell.com>,
>   Roy Grimm <ragrimm@collins.rockwell.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, I do know of an embedded Java processor that is being targeted for
> > the avionics industry.  I haven't used it personally but I understand
> > it's missing some of the non-deterministic features of the language so
> > that you can use it in a safety critical environment.
>
>   What Roy failed to mention was that this Java bytecode processor
> can be programmed in assembler(to get to the privileged
> instructions), Java or Ada.  You don't have to use the high level
> Java language to program a Java virtual machine.
> Robert S. White

I didn't mention it because I really don't know much more about the
processor than it's an in house development of Rockwell's AAMP processor
line.  There was an article about it in EE Times a while back, and some
of the managers around here have mentioned possibly using it.

Roy Grimm

My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer