From: marie@wdl1.UUCP (Marie T. Minogue)
Subject: Re: Modifications to the SAIC Ada binding to the X Window System for VADS
Date: 23 Jun 88 20:54:05 GMT	[thread overview]

If this is the modification for the VADS compiler, why does my VADS
SUN 3 version 5.5 compiler reject these changes?
for the lines like :
   pragma INTERFACE (C, Xcopycolormapandfree, "_XCopyColormapAndFree");

I get the error :

 482:  pragma INTERFACE (C, Xcopycolormapandfree, "_XCopyColormapAndFree");
A:warning: RM 13.9(4): parameter types must be scalar, access or SYSTEM.ADDRESS
A:warning: RM 13.9(4): parameter types must be scalar, access or SYSTEM.ADDRESS
A:warning: RM 13.9(4): result type must be scalar, access or SYSTEM.ADDRESS

This is true for all of the pragmas.

The object being pointed to is a private type which is
declared as an acess type in the private part of the package.

DID I not receive something or am I using the wrong compiler?