From: Jeff Carter <spam.carter.not@spam.innocon.com>
Subject: Re: Abstract Data Types
Date: 1998/11/19
Date: 1998-11-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

robinsoj@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I was reading about Ada's Abstract Data Types in Feldman and Koffman's book
> and it reminded me of Object Oriented Programming.  Am I corrected is
> assuming there are similarities between Abstract Data Types and OOP?  If so,
> what are the similarities?

Niklaus Wirth, of Pascal, Modula, and Oberon fame, in describing why he
embraced OOP in Oberon, said that "object" is just another name for
"abstract data type", something he'd used for 25 years. The only
difference between OOP code and Ada-83 ADT code that does exactly the
same thing is the ADT code is easier to read and understand.

--
Jeff Carter  PGP:1024/440FBE21
E-mail: carter commercial-at innocon [period | full stop] com