* Ada digest problem?
@ 1998-11-17  0:00 Mark Bennison
From: Mark Bennison @ 1998-11-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I usually read this newsgroup via the INFO-ADA (their capitals ;-)
e-mail digest run by nodak.edu but since late last week I haven't
received any (postings to this group have occurred though!). Does
anyone know if there's a problem with this list?

Cheers,

Mark.
--
Mark Bennison MBCS,               +-----------------------------------+
Software Group Technical Manager, | All opinions expressed are my own |

* Re: Ada digest problem?
@ 1998-11-19  0:00 ` J. David Bryan
From: J. David Bryan @ 1998-11-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:40:31 GMT in article
<36517b04.80683216@news.geccs.gecm.com>, mark.bennison@gecm.com wrote...

>I usually read this newsgroup via the INFO-ADA (their capitals ;-)...

I do too.

>...e-mail digest run by nodak.edu but since late last week I haven't
>received any (postings to this group have occurred though!). Does
>anyone know if there's a problem with this list?

I don't know, but I haven't received anything either (so it's not just you).
I have an e-mail in to the list owner but haven't heard anything yet.
--
                                        -- Dave Bryan

NOTE: Due to unrelenting SPAM, I regret that I have been forced to post with
an encoded address.  Please ROT13 this message to obtain the reply address.
Address also available at http://www.bcpl.net/~dbryan/mailto.html

Cyrnfr ercyl gb guvf nqqerff:  wqoelna@nyhz.zvg.rqh

* Re: Ada digest problem?
@ 1998-11-20  0:00   ` Mark Bennison
From: Mark Bennison @ 1998-11-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

wqoelna@nyhz.zvg.rqh (J. David Bryan) thought long and hard and
wrote:

>I don't know, but I haven't received anything either (so it's not just you).
>I have an e-mail in to the list owner but haven't heard anything yet.

Received this today - you may have also...

<Start quoted message>

Just to clarify.  The LISTSERV server and E-mail list called INFO-ADA
(on the server at LISTSERV@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU), through which you are
receiving this note, is working fine.

However, we are not receiving any any items to distribute from the
comp.lang.ada news group via the gateway at American university.
This could be due to a problem with the usenet news distribution
(perhaps American isn't receiving the group), a problem with the
gateway (maybe they stopped gatewaying between comp.lang.ada and
INFO-ADA@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU (was INFO-ADA@VM1.NODAK.EDU), or perhaps
the items are getting lost on their way here.

I've copied the maintainer at American University.  The flow stopped
after a posting on November 10, 1998 at 21:25 CST (GMT-0600).

It is correct that this list is an orphan of the days when there was
a single Internet-Bitnet gateway at the University of Wisconsin (the
primitive old days!).  The list has no owner and I would be very very
glad to have someone take it off our hands.  There are only about 150
subscribers at the moment.  I would even be willing to let someone
become owner of the list here for now if they would deal with bounces
and the news gateway issues and such.  But I don't have time to take
care of it as it has nothing to do with my work and we don't even
have a single subscriber.

If nothing happens I would suggest we just remove the list and allow
users to read the items via Usenet news.  I think the day of the
news-list gateway is probably past.

Let me know if you'd like to adopt the list.  Thank you.

Marty

<end quoted message>

Cheers,

Mark.
--

@ 1998-11-20  0:00     ` J. David Bryan
From: J. David Bryan @ 1998-11-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:23:01 GMT in article
<3655345a.630346@news.geccs.gecm.com>, mark.bennison@gecm.com wrote...

>Received this today - you may have also...

Did, thanks!