From: Gautier de Montmollin <Gautier.deMontmollin@Maths.UniNe.CH>
To: Robert Schien <robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de>
Subject: Re: GNAT Library Reference. Where can I find it?
Date: 1998/11/03
Date: 1998-11-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Schien wrote:

> Of course, there is a lot of information available (www.adahome.com).
> But what I am missing is a reference manual about the library (
> standard routines). It seems to be contained in the online RM95 manual
> but unfortunately it is NOT in the tar-file gnat-3.10p-src.tar.gz,
> which contains a great user manual and reference manual about
> the language but no short library reference.
> (I grep'ed for the numerical function Sqrt for instance and didn't
> find it)

You can use the Adahelp hypertext engine: it creates an hypertext
index about any word.
E.g. command "adahelp sqrt" produces at screen:

----
GWAda Help Engine Token Search

Sqrt   A.5.1(5), B.1(52), G.1.2(4)
----

then you just have to click one of the references...

Adahelp is in gw_gnat.zip @ ftp://ftp.gwu.edu/pub/ada/ez2load/
or any mirror - http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no/cgi-bin/search?query=gw_gnat.zip

NB: my tiny IDE, EDIT, calls this feature when the cursor is on a word
(and you activate the right menu entry / key, of course...)
EDIT: http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/edit.htm

--
Gautier

--------