From: Niklas Holsti <nholsti@icon.fi>
Subject: Re: Much 16 bit Ada useage?
Date: 1998/10/16
Date: 1998-10-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John McCabe wrote:
  [ snip ]
> Last I heard, TLD were supposed to be getting together with ACT to come
> up with an Ada95 compiler for the MIL-STD-1750 processors build on the
> GNAT technology. I don't know if that happened or not. Anyone else know?

I don't know what is happening with TLD and GNAT.

The European Space Agency contracted Chris Nettleton Software (UK) to
develop a GCC/1750+threads; the C compiler and kernel are now complete,
I believe. A follow-on project to include GNAT was planned but has
not yet started, I think. I have heard rumours that a GNAT/1750 exists,
but I don't know how current it is, or was.

About the European production of the MA31750, at DASIA'97 there
were indications from ESA that some other European foundry might
continue production, but this doesn't seem to be happening.

Niklas Holsti