From: Harry Tucker <harry.tucker@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Installing MinGW and testing it out I have a problem.
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:27:43 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2010-05-20T17:27:43-07:00	[thread overview]

On May 20, 1:44 pm, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
<yannick_duch...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Le Thu, 20 May 2010 20:23:16 +0200, Harry Tucker
> <harry.tuc...@sbcglobal.net> a écrit:

> I use MSys too, and the tip of renaming the directory containing the
> compiler which is not to be used, works nice here. I can't ensure this
> will work for you too, however, can you try and tell about the result ?
>
> --
> There is even better than a pragma Assert: a SPARK --# check.

Tried that and it didn't help. In either case I have WinGW\Bin set in
my $PATH before the GNAT\bin entry so it would be searched first. Also
while both libs are in the $PATH they have differing names so there
shouldn't be a conflict. GPS works well either way. Thanks for the
info.

> Then, MinGW is based on GCC, and GCC on Window may *or may not* use the
> Windows registry for its configuration, depending on one dedicated build
> option. As much as you can, or if you are not afraid to build your own if
> needed, try to use a MinGW with a GCC which does not make use of the
> registry, in order to avoid conflicts.

I just downloaded the MinGW manually and installed it one package at a
time. I didn't make any entries into my registry. Do you know how I
can determine if I have the wrong compiler or need to make an entry in
my registry?

PS C:\Users\Harry> gnatmake --version
GNATMAKE 4.5.0
Copyright (C) 1995-2010, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

PS C:\Users\Harry> gcc --version
gcc.exe (GCC) 4.5.0
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO
PURPOSE.

Harry