* Re: JNI for ADA?
@ 1998-10-13  0:00 ` Jonathan Revusky
From: Jonathan Revusky @ 1998-10-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Brown

Dave Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was a version of JNI that would communicate
> with Ada83 programs.
> I found AdaJNI, but that is an expensive comercial package. Are there
> any freeware versions out there? I dont need anything as fancy as AdaJNI
> either, just a way to Java and Ada to pass objects. I would use and Orb,
> but the project calls for JDK 1.1.5 :(
> Please reply both to group and email
>
> thanks,
> -Dave

Hi, Dave.

I've written JNI bridge code for Borland Object Pascal (Delphi). I've
never used ADA but it is also pascal-related, I think. My code might be
a good starting point for you -- though I don't really know. You can get
to the download page via the link in my sig.

(If you do get it working, I'd like a copy of the ADA version. Hey,
fair's fair.)

Jonathan Revusky
--
Java and Delphi Consulting
Make your .class files double-clickable

* JNI for ADA?
@ 1998-10-13  0:00 Dave Brown
From: Dave Brown @ 1998-10-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-10-15  0:00 ` Geoff Bull
From: Geoff Bull @ 1998-10-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was a version of JNI that would communicate
> with Ada83 programs.
> I found AdaJNI, but that is an expensive comercial package. Are there
> any freeware versions out there? I dont need anything as fancy as AdaJNI
> either, just a way to Java and Ada to pass objects. I would use and Orb,
> but the project calls for JDK 1.1.5 :(
> Please reply both to group and email
>
> thanks,
> -Dave

  How much of JNI do you need?
I have been working on this very thing, but only have a tiny bit done
- enough to invoke a JVM, find a class and invoke a static method.
I am also working on a binding to the Java library,
(my real motivation is have all those API's available to Ada).
and wanted to sort that out before I release my JNI code.
(there is also zero doco).

I was planning on  GPL.
Unfortuneately I don't have time to do more work on it until late November.

Oh, I just realised you want Ada 83.
My code is intended Ada 95 (as is AdaJNI).
However the lowest level is just a wrapper around the JNI C interface,
so you could probably replace all those pragma conventions with whatever
your particular Ada 83  compiler requires for interfacing to C.

Geoff Bull
Murray Bull Information Technology Pty Ltd

* Re: JNI for ADA?
@ 1998-10-20  0:00 ` Debora Weber-Wulff
From: Debora Weber-Wulff @ 1998-10-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was a version of JNI that would communicate
> with Ada83 programs.
> I found AdaJNI, but that is an expensive comercial package. Are there
> any freeware versions out there? I dont need anything as fancy as AdaJNI
> either, just a way to Java and Ada to pass objects. I would use and Orb,
> but the project calls for JDK 1.1.5 :(

Check out AdaMagic at Intermetrics, they do Ada<->Java.

-----
Debora Weber-Wulff (on sabbatical at)
MALM� H�GSKOLA                Teknik och ekonomi
Tel:     040-325628                        Email:
Debora.Weber_Wulff@te.mah.se
Adress:  205 06 Malm�.                Bes�ksadress: Stora Varvsgatan 11 H
Hemsida: http://www.te.mah.se/person/dw/