From: Jonathan Revusky <jrevusky@jet.es>
To: Dave Brown <david.p.brown@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: JNI for ADA?
Date: 1998/10/13
Date: 1998-10-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dave Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was a version of JNI that would communicate
> with Ada83 programs.
> I found AdaJNI, but that is an expensive comercial package. Are there
> any freeware versions out there? I dont need anything as fancy as AdaJNI
> either, just a way to Java and Ada to pass objects. I would use and Orb,
> but the project calls for JDK 1.1.5 :(
> Please reply both to group and email
>
> thanks,
> -Dave

Hi, Dave.

I've written JNI bridge code for Borland Object Pascal (Delphi). I've
never used ADA but it is also pascal-related, I think. My code might be
a good starting point for you -- though I don't really know. You can get
to the download page via the link in my sig.

(If you do get it working, I'd like a copy of the ADA version. Hey,
fair's fair.)

Jonathan Revusky
--
Java and Delphi Consulting