From: Dave Wood <dpw@cts.com>
To: Dave Brown <david.p.brown@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Java and ADA?
Date: 1998/10/12
Date: 1998-10-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dave Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am updating some software. There used to be two ADA83 programs sending
> objects back and forth. I need to replace one of those programs with
> Java code. Is it possible to send objects between Java and ADA83 via
> sockets? I'm going to do it in any case, I just want to know if it's
> possible before I do :)

Assuming the Ada program is compiled to native code
rather than byte code, you'd probably want to do
this through JNI (Java native interface).  A transparent
interface to JNI, called AdaJNI, is available from
Ainslee Software.  (This same technology will be
incorporated with the next release of ObjectAda, but
in the meantime you can get it directly from Ainslee.)

-- Dave Wood, Aonix
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- http://www.aonix.com