From: "Robert L. Spooner" <RLS19@psu.edu>
To: "Condic, Marin D." <condicma@PWFL.COM>
Subject: Re: Spawning a subprocess and communicating with it.
Date: 1998/10/06
Date: 1998-10-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Marin,

The only C routines you will need to rely on are the library routines that are
the socket calls.  Everything above that level can be done with Ada using
pragma interface.  I've been doing it that way for years.  Ada is great for
abstracting the functionality you need.

Condic, Marin D. wrote:

> Are you sure it all has to be done with C routines? I'd think that most of
> this should be simply connecting to OS runtime libraries, which may have an
> interface expressed in C syntax, but ought to be accessible from anything.
> Especially since Ada has such good syntax for connecting to stuff in other
> languages.

Regards,
Bob
--
                               Robert L. Spooner
                         Registered Professional Engineer

            Applied Research Laboratory        Phone: (814) 863-4120
            The Pennsylvania State University  FAX:   (814) 863-7843
            P. O. Box 30
            State College, PA 16804-0030       RLS19@psu.edu