From: Jerome_V_Vollborn@cup.portal.com
Subject: Ada Usage on Navy Programs
Date: 17 Nov 90 04:56:30 GMT	[thread overview]

Recently I have heard of two large US Navy development programs
that have started full scale development in the last six months
that are using the C language for implementation. Since one of
these systems is a weapon system that has a 680x0 as the processor,
I'm wondering what the Navy's policy for software acquisition
says. If anyone has either a reference to authoritive policy
statements (preferably document numbers) or is in a position of
authority, I would like to hear from you either by email or on
the net.

				Thanks,

				Jerome Vollborn
				( uunet!lci386!jerome or