From: lewando@ibm.net (Andrzej Lewandowski)
Subject: Re: Unsolicited email from Ian Joyner
Date: 1998/09/17
Date: 1998-09-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Bertrand Meyer <Bertrand.Meyer@eiffel.com> wrote:

>Andrzej Lewandowski wrote:

>> All this is really interesting. Exciting. Clever. BUT WHY DO YOU POST
>> THIS CRAP TO 4 PROFESSIONAL GROUPS???
>>
>> Gentlem[e]n - back to the kindergarden with your "discussion".

>This is rather unfair. Ian Joyner was the object of
>an absurd and unwarranted personal attack. He
>was obviously entitled to defend himself

>This is *not* an attack on Mr. Lewandowski as I think
>he simply didn't see all the context. I really hope
>no more is said on the issue and the group discussions
>limit themselves to technical topics.

I am really not sensitive on personal attacks. On the net I am looking
for PROFESSIONAL discussion about PROFESSIONAL topics. Such places
as comp.lang.* should be not forums for discussions that are on the
level of a kindergarden.  I don't care about the context of these
"discussions". I am really surprised that serious people with known an
prominent names dare to respond to messages from individuals that are
known for years that they net abusers. I don't care who started what.
Personal discussion should take place on private platform not on the
net. I am tired of playing with filters and kill files.

A.L.