From: dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (David Weller)
Subject: Re: Any HTML Ada primers out there?
Date: 20 Sep 1994 16:22:03 -0500
Date: 1994-09-20T16:22:03-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <rgh.780079279@camo>, Richard G. Hash  <rgh@shell.com> wrote:
>Does anyone out there have, or is thinking about, or working on
>an Ada primer for WWW usage?
>
>What I have in mind is an Ada9X tutorial, full of examples, how-to's,
>and the like. Much like parts of the Rationale document, except
>browsable by Mosaic (and the like).
>
>This would be of tremendous help (IMHO) in educating people to Ada9X,
>if they had interesting examples of "real code" to browse. Source
>versions of "how-to's" turn heads alot faster than descriptions...
>
>I'm not volunteering, but asking! (Maybe Greg would.. naw ;-)

Too late -- he who asks...IS.  All in favor of Richard doing the HTML
tutorial, raise your hand.   1...5..49...189....  yup.  Tag, you're
"it". :-)

Actually, there is an "Academic Development Environment" contract
that's supposed to provide that very thing.  Many months ago, Don
Reifer announced that the "winner" would be revealed within a few
weeks.  Had I only known those were "Dog Weeks", I'd have taken a
different attitude about contract award procedures.

I'm rather disappointed that a certain project office in New Mexico
(not to be named :-) has sat on the darned thing.  Sure, they may
have good reason, but the contract award has been delayed for SEVERAL
months, and the real losers are the students, teachers, and
instructors that could benefit from the products of that contract.

Now, I'm certain that place has some darned good reasons why
nothing's happened yet.  And I'm certain if you call them, there's a
good explanation. :-)

In the end, this has basically translated to a _one year_ delay to
get Ada 9X aggressively inserted into the academic community.
*Grumble* *Grumble*

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
             Ada 9X -- It doesn't suck                       ||  father's Ada