From: joke@haha.com (Mr Pinga)
Subject: strings to floats/integers
Date: 1998/08/26
Date: 1998-08-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

can anyone tell me how to convert a string to a float and/or integer??

i need to go from the form mystring := "123.4567" to the form myfloat
:= 123.4567

or mystring := "12345" to myinteger := 12345

please, I am getting quite desperate. I have looked all through the
ADA95 reference manual, and looked all over the WWW but i cant find
anything.  The closest i have found is Unchecked_Conversion but it
converts things to gibberish so mystring := "3" becomes myfloat :=
0.0E000 etc etc

any info greatly appreciated

Jared

ps. Please email me if possible because i dont have a proper usenet
connection