From: tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran)
Subject: Re: Timing of ADA code
Date: 1998/08/01
Date: 1998-08-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>Calendar but if I understand the interface it appears
>that I can only get a accuracy to seconds
That depends on the run time system your compiler vendor supplies.
Are you sure that Ada.Calendar.Clock only ticks once/second?  Once
every 55 milliseconds is what Win95 supplies so a vendor would almost
have to work to throw away accuracy.  Note that Day_Duration is a
fixed point type with a delta probably (much) less than 1.0 seconds.
But even if it is in seconds, can't you just time 100 iterations of
the thing you want to time, then divide the elapsed time by 100?