From: "Robert L. Spooner" <RLS19@psu.edu>
To: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Rational and X11Ada -- HELP???
Date: 1998/09/11
Date: 1998-09-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dennison@telepath.com wrote:

> In article <6tabgr$lfp$1@usenet46.supernews.com>,
>   "alan walkington" <walky@netmagic.net> wrote:
>
> >      I wrote a little C program which makes some of the library calls that
> > are crashing the Ada programs and then prints out the results, which look
> > fine.
>
> Lets just say you wouldn't be the first person to find a bug in Rational's X
> bindings....

 Or other bindings.  A while back I was trying to use the Rational VADSworks
socket bindings to VxWorks and got caught by the old 'SIZE vs 'LENGTH
difference.  Their subcontractor had translated sizeof into'SIZE giving a value
which was off by a factor of 8.  The bindings had obviously never been tested or
used for TCP/IP before I tried to use them.  Makes me wonder where all the $s we
spend are going.

Regards,
Bob
--
                               Robert L. Spooner
                         Registered Professional Engineer

            Applied Research Laboratory        Phone: (814) 863-4120
            The Pennsylvania State University  FAX:   (814) 863-7843
            P. O. Box 30
            State College, PA 16804-0030       RLS19@psu.edu