* GNAT 3.10p and RedHat Linux 5.1
@ 1998-08-31  0:00 Marc Bejerano
From: Marc Bejerano @ 1998-08-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've tried every script/set of instructions I can find to get these two boys to
play nice and so far have proven unsuccessful. If somebody has them working and
can give me a brain-dead shell script (or FAQ or test file or ...) on how they
did it I would be most appreciative.

Thank you.

P.S. I have the most current Red Hat distribution with all of the current
updates.

* Re: GNAT 3.10p and RedHat Linux 5.1
@ 1998-08-31  0:00 ` grave
From: grave @ 1998-08-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Bejerano

Marc Bejerano wrote:

> I've tried every script/set of instructions I can find to get these two boys to
> play nice and so far have proven unsuccessful. If somebody has them working and
> can give me a brain-dead shell script (or FAQ or test file or ...) on how they
> did it I would be most appreciative.
>
> Thank you.
>
> P.S. I have the most current Red Hat distribution with all of the current
> updates.

To make function gnat I've used :
alien-5.4-1.i386.rpm and gnat_3.10p-3.deb
The first to move the second in a rpm package all functioned well

* Re: GNAT 3.10p and RedHat Linux 5.1
@ 1998-08-31  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1998-08-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marc Bejerano wrote in message <904545887.1201108922@news>...
>I've tried every script/set of instructions I can find to get these two
boys to
>play nice and so far have proven unsuccessful. If somebody has them working
and
>can give me a brain-dead shell script (or FAQ or test file or ...) on how
they
>did it I would be most appreciative.
>
>Thank you.
>
>P.S. I have the most current Red Hat distribution with all of the current
>updates.

Did you try the instructions in my posting?
http://www.gnat.com/chat/2781.html

If you did, and they don't work, If you'll tell me exactly which version of
the distribution and kernel you're using, as well as which gcc version you
installed with your RedHat Linux, along with exactly what error messages
you received in response to what commands, I'll try to help.

David C. Hoos, Sr.

* GNAT 3.10p and RedHat Linux 5.1
@ 1998-09-09  0:00 ` Richard Pinkall-Pollei
From: Richard Pinkall-Pollei @ 1998-09-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

There has been a lot of interest in getting GNAT 3.10p to work on
RedHat 5.x.  While I have done this, the RPM and SRPM were very large
and I did not have an FTP site to put them on (I'm still trying to get
it on RedHat's site).  So I had to offer to e-mail the RPMs or just
the patches and SPEC file.

Last week, Jacob Sparre Anderson offered to put them on his web site.
As of 4 September, both the RPM and Source RPM can be downloaded from
<http://hugin.risoe.dk/GNAT/>.  I want to thank Jacob publicly for
his help.