* Ada Reverse Engineering Solution
@ 1998-08-21  0:00 Rain
From: Rain @ 1998-08-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Are there any solution to reverse Ada source code ?
If you know any CASE tools to reverse Ada source code, please let me know.

Thanks,

S.W. Lee

* Re: Ada Reverse Engineering Solution
@ 1998-08-21  0:00 ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1998-08-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <iun3d0Mz9GA.178@xfer.thrunet.com>,
  "Rain" <opentech@thrunet.com> wrote:
> Are there any solution to reverse Ada source code ?
> If you know any CASE tools to reverse Ada source code, please let me know.

Can you be a bit more specific? From what to what? From object code to Ada?
From Ada to UML? From Ada to to DFD's?

--
T.E.D.

* Re: Ada Reverse Engineering Solution
@ 1998-08-21  0:00 ` John M. Mills
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: John M. Mills @ 1998-08-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Rain" <opentech@thrunet.com> writes:

>Are there any solution to reverse Ada source code ?
>If you know any CASE tools to reverse Ada source code, please let me know.

This is a very usual problem, in fact a FAQ.  I got so far as to find 'man
pages' on such a tool, but could never locate an executable.  You can read
them at <ftp://jmills.gtri.gatech.edu/pub/humor/sourcerer.man1>.

Sorry.
DISCLAIMER: I am not the author.  I'm not that clever.

--
 John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.mills@gtri.gatech.edu
   Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834

* Re: Ada Reverse Engineering Solution
@ 1998-08-21  0:00   ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1998-08-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

John M. Mills wrote in message <6rjthb$5qu@acmex.gatech.edu>...
>"Rain" <opentech@thrunet.com> writes:
>
>>Are there any solution to reverse Ada source code ?
>>If you know any CASE tools to reverse Ada source code, please let me know.

Rational Rose has some level of reverse-engineering capability, but I've
only "played" with it, never seriously used it.

David C. Hoos, Sr.

* Re: Ada Reverse Engineering Solution
@ 1998-08-25  0:00 ` Andrzej Lewandowski
From: Andrzej Lewandowski @ 1998-08-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any solution to reverse Ada source code ?
> If you know any CASE tools to reverse Ada source code, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> S.W. Lee

Try http://www.cccc.com. That had a product named "The Book". This
was a smart reverse-engineering tool for Ada. I don't know what
is the current status of the project; I left the company over a
year ago.

A.L.

* Re: Ada Reverse Engineering Solution
@ 1998-09-01  0:00   ` Corey Ashford
From: Corey Ashford @ 1998-09-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dewarr@my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6sfoe1$6fr$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>In article <iun3d0Mz9GA.178@xfer.thrunet.com>,
>  "Rain" <opentech@thrunet.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any solution to reverse Ada source code ?
>> If you know any CASE tools to reverse Ada source code, please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> S.W. Lee
>>

>This boggles the mind, what does it mean to "reverse" code.

You read it out loud, tape it, then run the tape in reverse to listen
for secret or demonic messages (e.g. "paul is dead", "satan is king", etc.)

;P

I think what he wants is to turn Ada code into UML diagrams.

- Corey

* Re: Ada Reverse Engineering Solution
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1998-09-01  0:00 ` dewarr