From: Gene Ouye <geneo@rational.please_no_unsolicited_mail.com>
Subject: Re: Rational Apex imports
Date: 1998/08/21
Date: 1998-08-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

amendola9343@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>      Hello,
>
>      I am trying to learn the Rational Ada environment. I'm having problems
> with imports. I am trying to import two views from one subsystem into another,
> and Rational only want's to let me import one. Is it possible to import two?
>
>      Jamie

Rational Subsystems correspond to logical "chunks" of your application.
The subsystem views represent exactly that, ie, views into the
subsystem.  On many projects, the views represent snapshots of the
development of the subsystem (eg, older views are older versions of the
subsystem, later views are later versions).  Views are also used to
support team development, eg, each developer can have his/her own view
to use as a "play area" where changes can be made without fear of
negative impacts on the other developers.

When building your application, many subsystems may be linked together,
but only one view from each subsystem may be used.  If you think about
it, trying to link multiple views from the same subsystem into an
application is like saying you want two versions of the same source file
compiled and included in your application -- that's normally not a good
thing to do (to put it nicely :-).  You should contact your local
Rational representative or send email to me (make the obvious fix to my
email address) and we can discuss this further.

Gene Ouye <.g.e.n.e.o.@.r.a.t.i.o.n.a.l...c.o.m.>