From: "Barry L. Dorough" <bdorough@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Access type problem.
Date: 1998/08/20
Date: 1998-08-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

    I have some code where I have been carrying extra records around
because I don't know how to make the proper access type assignment.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

ex).  This is from memory I am not able to post the actual code.  Sorry
for any errors.

type Track_Data_Type is record
  Threat_Number : Integer;
  Threat_Id : Integer;
  X : Long_Float;
  Y : Long_Float;
  Z : Long_Float;
end record;

type Track_Data_Access is access Track_Data_Type;
type Track_Data_Array is array (Integer range <>) of Track_Data_Type;
type Track_Data_Array_Access is access Track_Data_Array;

type Map_Type is record
  Int_Obj : Track_Data_Array_Access := new Track_Data_Array(1..10);
  -- In reality this is allocated dynamically based on current air
picture
  Tgt_Obj : Track_Data_Array_Access:= new Track_Data_Array(1..10);
  -- In reality this is allocated dynamically based on current air
picture
end record;

type Current_Pair_Type is record
  Interceptor : Track_Data_Access;
  Target : Track_Data_Access;
end record;
-- In reality there is a Current_Pair_Type allocated for each pairing
saved in a linked list

procedure Assign_Current_Pair( Map : in Map_Type;
                                                  Int_Index : in
Integer;
                                                  Tgt_Index: in Integer;

                                                  Pair : in out
Current_Pair_Type) is
begin
-- This is the crux of my problem.  At present the Current_Pair_Type has

-- Track_Data_Type instead of Track_Data_Access and my code looks like
Pair.Interceptor := Map.Int_Obj(Int_Index);
Pair.Target := Map.Tgt_Obj(Tgt_Index);
-- I would have thought that this would work with the access types also,
but
-- I get type miss match errors.
end Assign Current_Pair;