* Re: The Troll Grows Tired and Takes a Nap
       [not found] <hmgxbklsnk.35D05F57.2D9F1AFC@pyramid.net>
@ 1998-08-11  0:00 ` H. West
From: H. West @ 1998-08-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <hmgxbklsnk.35D05F57.2D9F1AFC@pyramid.net>, hicks05@pyramid.net
says...
< This message posted as a free public service by the Usenet Cabal.

Actually, I think it was because you are a very bored lonely man.

* Re: The Troll Grows Tired and Takes a Nap
@ 1998-08-11  0:00   ` Lee Hicks
       [not found]     ` <MPG.103b9eaef4ce6ba5989724@news.concentric.net>
From: Lee Hicks @ 1998-08-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

H. West wrote:

> In article <hmgxbklsnk.35D05F57.2D9F1AFC@pyramid.net>, hicks05@pyramid.net
> says...
> < This message posted as a free public service by the Usenet Cabal.
>
> Actually, I think it was because you are a very bored lonely man.

  I don't think that that message was attached to mine. It may have been part
of a message I was quoting, and if so, it really didn't interest me, thus
escaping my notice. I was commenting on another part of a  message, and I
probably didn't snip it out.
  However, if this is the most effective jab that you can come up with, you
have my pity. Obviously, you know nothing about me that could give any
indication as to whether I was either bored OR lonely. Thus, this statement of
yours is simply another ill-conceived and bungled flame, sent for reasons that
only you know. Continue with the nonsensical and childish flames if you wish,
and I'll continue dealing with opinions based in some sort of factual
rationale...attempts such as the above are simply amusing. They don't even
inspire anger, simply pity...and you have mine, by the way.

Chuckling in amusement,

Lee

@ 1998-08-13  0:00       ` Lee Hicks
From: Lee Hicks @ 1998-08-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

H. West wrote:

> In article <35D10449.CE058A81@pyramid.net>, hicks05@pyramid.net says...
> <
> <
> < H. West wrote:
> <
> < > In article <hmgxbklsnk.35D05F57.2D9F1AFC@pyramid.net>, hicks05@pyramid.net
> < > says...
> < > < This message posted as a free public service by the Usenet Cabal.
> < >
> < > Actually, I think it was because you are a very bored lonely man.
> <
> <   I don't think that that message was attached to mine. It may have been part
> < of a message I was quoting, and if so, it really didn't interest me, thus
> < escaping my notice. I was commenting on another part of a  message, and I
> < probably didn't snip it out.
> <   However, if this is the most effective jab that you can come up with, you
> < have my pity. Obviously, you know nothing about me that could give any
> < indication as to whether I was either bored OR lonely. Thus, this statement of
> < yours is simply another ill-conceived and bungled flame, sent for reasons that
> < only you know. Continue with the nonsensical and childish flames if you wish,
> < and I'll continue dealing with opinions based in some sort of factual
> < rationale...attempts such as the above are simply amusing.
>
> Sorry to interrupt your razorblade wit here, but I was responding to the
> imposter who posted the ~20 public service messages under assumed names. I was
> quite content ignoring you.
>
> --
> Subject: Re: POD: real all free cthulhu pics! - np3.jpg [1/1]
> From: RJL <RJL@NOSPAMrocketmail.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.sex.cthulhu
> < You're a sick bastard H. West, and I admire you for that.

How unfortunate, then, that you did not say so. Instead, you clearly issued an
insult at a person that, according to you, was not the target. In the future, try
and use complete information before flaming, and try to avoid the air of superiority
that you seek. The error and flame were both yours, so your attempt at appearing
"put upon" by my response is simply inappropriate. Read your own post, and you will
see what I mean...for all appearances, you were speaking to me, so try and lose the
above it all attitude that you take...it only makes you appear foolish and a flip
flop artist.

Lee